Sunday, June 19, 2011

Living in the Moment

My husband's birthday was on Wednesday and today, Sunday, is Father's Day, so what did we do this weekend?  Spend a lot of money.

I had to buy him a birthday gift.  Friday we went on a date and left our son with my younger sister.  It was quite a bit of money, but, oh so, worth it!  We went to see Bridesmaids- hilarious!  I tried to control myself because I laugh so loudly and I know it makes my husband uncomfortable.  Then we went to eat sushi-yummy.

Saturday I went out to brunch with a few friends from college that I hadn't seen in a while.  That was fun.  We got done a bit early, so I went shopping for a few things.  Definitely not in the plans, but worth it.  I will definitely stick to the budget much more starting next month, especially since I already set up the automatic savings plan.  Then Ethan and I went to my cousin's birthday party.  After that I came home saw the last bit of the Mexico soccer game and then watched the Canelo fight.  During the day my husband cleaned the yard and then he went to play golf.

Today, Sunday, I spent mostly with my dad.  Once my husband got off of work, I came home to be with him.  Ethan was a little fussy when he woke up from his nap, but then we went to the market anyway.  When we came back home, he was upset that we came back inside the house.  He wanted to go for a walk outside, and so of course I quickly put his shoes on and off we went.

Well, that is a brief synopsis of my weekend.  I'm not sure if I will add detail later or not...we shall see.

Now here is the expense breakdown for the week.

Wednesday:
Target (gifts/household items) - $91

Friday:
Movie and snacks - $26
Lunch and drinks - $50
Babysitter - $20

Saturday:
Brunch - $15
Babysitter - $20
Ross - $30
Walmart - $42
Golf - $11
Dining out - $42

Sunday
Breakfast - $15
Groceries - $63


How was your weekend?  Did you spend time with your dad?

No comments:

Post a Comment