Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Enjoying Life

These past couple of days have been awesome!  I have been able to enjoy them with the people I love.  Being home for the summer with my son is one of the best things.  Every little thing he does amazes me.  Lately he has been lifting one foot at a time.  As he does this he begins squealing with delight-makes me laugh each time.  Today we took him for his swim lesson.  He is not used to the water and so he cried about 20 minutes of the 30 minute lesson.  He took semi-private lessons back in May.  Those didn't go so well either, especially because it was so cold.  We thought he would enjoy these lessons because it's starting to get hotter.  Also, these lessons are with other toddlers, so he is able to see other kids enjoying themselves.  We hope that he starts getting used to the water soon.

For lunch today I got together with some of the teachers from school.  We went to Olive Garden and most of us took our kiddos.  I am happy to report that Ethan behaved himself very well.  I was even able to eat.  I gave myself a $15 limit, but I went over by $2.  I don't mind that at all.  Having lunch with my co-workers helped me ease the pain of the miscarriage.  I was able to tell them what happened and I didn't have to make a big announcement.  I simply greeted them and just mentioned it to them fairly quickly.  Luckily, they didn't make a big deal about it.

So this month I have gone over the budget limit in every category.  I am going to really start staying within my budget limits starting next month.  This is a must, considering I have already set up my automatic savings plan.  One way I'm going to stay within the budget is by making sure I get out of bed at 5 in the morning to make lunch for my husband.  I will do what it takes.

I'm taking a trip to the beach tomorrow with two of my sisters.  One of my sisters has two kids.  It will be a nice day for the cousins to hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment