Friday, June 24, 2011

Learning

Well, we went to the beach, but it wasn't such a nice day.  It was cloudy and cold.  We didn't stay very long at all.  We basically had a picnic in the parking lot and then we let the kids play in the sand for about 15 minutes.  We learned that next time we go to the beach we have to leave at noon, so that the sun is shining by the time we get there.  That is what I learned on that day.

Ethan is learning, too!  Day 2 of swimming was so much better!  He didn't even shed a tear the whole 30 minutes.  He even leaned his face in the water to blow bubbles.  I can't wait for swim class tomorrow.

I am also learning how to be more sanitary.  I don't know what caused it, but I have pink eye.  It could have been me using my contacts longer that I was supposed to.  Or it could have been the chlorine in the water.  Well, now I have my antibiotics and feel so much better.  I will continue to wash my hands more regularly, with or without pink eye.  Hopefully, without!

So, this is what I've been learning in my life.  What have you been learning?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! Thanks for visiting my blog....I'm married, used to teach full time (now sub) and am mom to a son so that's enough in common to make us friends, right? =)

    I did a quick glance over your recent posts - 1) - struggle with the debt thing too, we don't have a set income as my hubby is paid based on commission, so I tend to spend based on the month. These days, the income is better, but it could change on a dime, and is all the more reason why we should be eliminating all of our debt vs. over-spending. Ugh....Thanks for your transparency.

    And, 2) So sorry about the miscarriage. My twin sister had one in their first attempt at having a baby and it was so sad. I'm sorry.

    Hope your days ahead are filled with joy over that sweet little boy, husband, and the glory days of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi StephieAnne,
    Wow! We have a lot in common-definitely a good start to our friendship.

    What grade did you used to teach? What grade do you like subbing for the most?

    I love reading your blog, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete