Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Really??!?!

The time will come when winter will ask you what you were doing all summer.  ~Henry Clay


This quote sums up how this last week of my summer has been going.  I have just been too darn lazy to do anything I set out to do.  Let's do a little recap of my weekly goals.


Goal 1- Go to the gym 3 times this week. - Fail- I did not even make it once.  I think I use my son and my husband as an excuse.  My husband doesn't think I need to go to the gym and so I feel guilty if I leave him for 2 hours.  He says that Ethan acts up when I'm not there.  I believe him because even if I step out for a few minutes he starts crying.  See there I go again making excuses...


Goal 2- Go out to eat only once this weekend. - Check - We went out to a nice little Mexican restaurant.  I should have put go out to eat only once a week because we made it through the weekend, but just on Monday and Tuesday -we've eaten fast food.  


Goal 3- Make a weekly menu - Fail - I didn't make the menu physically on paper, but I did it in my head and I only followed it somewhat.  


So there you have it.  My update-more like, my failures. :(  


Now I do have something to celebrate.  I created money envelopes for the week.  Granted we are all out of money in all but one category, but it's a step in the right direction.  It really does hurt more when you are spending hard, cold cash.  The only thing I don't like is that I started my goals in the middle of the week.  So now, I am going to start my goals at the same time that I start my money envelopes for the week.  This next week I am going to start on Friday.  My husband's days off are Friday's and Saturday's, so I think this will help us know that we have to cutback on our spending so we have enough for the week.  One more thing I realized about our budget is that we each need a little bit of spending money that we can spend however we want.  I don't know where this money will come from because we are already over budget in our monthly budget.  I shall think of something.  Wow, I just realized that if we didn't have to pay for child care then our monthly budget would be balanced, but that is only if we would stay within budget.  Oh well, I have to figure out where else we can cut back.  


How about you, do you have a monthly budget?  Are you able to follow it accordingly?

No comments:

Post a Comment