Thursday, July 21, 2011

Crash!?!?

No I didn't crash, but I think my work computer did. I was trying to make room in my hard drive, but I think I deleted something important. While it was moving some files to the trash I manually shut down the computer. When I tried to restart it, the computer gave me a kernel panic message- it is a Mac error message. I don't know if anything will be saved from my computer,but I really hope so because I have everything on that computer. Ethan's pictures, videos, music, and our budget. The computer is currently in IT, where I hope and pray my things are saved, but only time will tell.

My week of fun filled activities has been awesome. I am really trying to fully enjoy these last few days. Tomorrow I will go out on a hot date with my husband. I have been looking forward to it all week.

During the week there have also been some not so fun things happening. Our tenant only paid half the rent, so we had to pay the other half. As irised already put up $400, so this month we had to put up almost $1,000. Tomorrow I am going to call our property management company to see if we are going to proceed with the eviction or if they paid the rent. My husband and I are truly considering trying to short sell the property or maybe declare bankruptcy, even though tha is the rt thing I could possibly do. Considering this is a personal finance blog I know I shouldn't even be considering bankruptcy, but there is no way we could afford both properties. I am trying not to stress about it because I know God will take care of it and guide us in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Susan, that is horrible about your computer! About four years ago, someone walked into our house while we were at the pool a couple of blocks away and took my computer as well as some trinket jewelry. When we returned I looked everywhere for my computer thinking I must have just put it someplace random, and finally discovered some things in our bedroom unsettled indicating someone had been in our house. (Yes, I'd left the house unlocked...never again, but I thought mid-day our neighborhood would be so safe). Anyway, it was devastating to have lost all the contents on my computer, particularly my pictures. It made me so thankful I'd blogged as much as I had and put so many of the pictures on the blog as those were preserved online. I hope the IT guys can easily find all of your data - I've heard a lot of success stories similar to yours.

    I also feel for you considering your tenants and what to do...so sorry.

    Switching gears - hope your date night was exceptional and your last days of vacation are the best so far!

    ReplyDelete